Here are a few of the photos from my Cycle/Camping Tour of the French Alps in July 2006.
1. Tent - first night – somewhere in the countryside on the way between
Aix Les Bains (on
the Lac de Bourget near
Time to test out the camping gear.
2. Day 3: Start of the “Tour des Grands Cols” (circular route of high mountain climbs)
1st Leg - From
3. Day 3 - Summit – up above the Lac De Roselende – about 2,300 m
4. Day 3: Descent down the other side of the pass to Bourg St Maurice. Cooos with bells on
5. Day 4, evening: Ascent from Bourg St Maurice towards Val D’Isère (Haute Savoie)
6. Day 5, morning. View from my tent on a campsite below Val D’Isere. About 1600m
7. Day 5: Val D’Isère Dam. Spot Jim Morrison
7. Day 5 –
8. Day 6 – Descent down the other side towards Aussoise (Valais region)
9. Day 5 – Down to the valleys of the Valais– More Cooos
10. Day 6 – Morning in Aussoise (about 900m) followed by lazy cruise downhill.
11. Day 7 – Back up into the mountains and over the Col de la Madeleine – about 2000m.
12. Day 6 - Final descent back down to
13. Day 8 - A village on the Lac de Bourget - back near Aix les Bains where I started
14. Last Day – Storm over the lake.